VIEILLE MONTAGNE – RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT – NEWS
- * VIEILLE MONTAGNE MUSEUM TO BE OPENED IN KELMIS
- * Rampill Ore-Dressing Mill in Nenthead is due for demolition this year (2017). We hope that representative samples of its structure can be saved for posterity, particularly from the zinc roof.
- * The Gohltal Museum in Kelmis, Moresnet, Belgium, will be moving to a new home – the former Vieille Montagne offices.
- * Ideas are germinating for a one-day VM event in Nenthead in Cumbria, England, this year.
- * Funding is being sought for an archivist to catalogue the hundreds of shelf metres of Vieille Montagne files in the State Archives in Belgium.
- * The Vieille Montagne display is on view at the Italian ‘Barracks’ at Nenthead. (See Nenthead Mines Conservation Society website for opening times)
- * A hole in the ground has appeared outside the LVR Museum of the Rhineland, a former zinc works in Oberhausen, Germany, providing a good opportunity for some on-site industrial archaeology.
- * Documentary investigation is ongoing into the VM trials in Welsh mines around 1896-1900.
- * Many of the Italians and some of the Germans who worked at Nenthead in Cumbria from 1903-1915 have been identified from church and civil records, an excellent start for international family history research
The Vieille Montagne
Zinc Mining Company Of Belgium
Vieille Montagne Articles here soon
The Foreigners in the Hills
This site is continually updated, please reload your page every visit
Vieille Montagne History Articles